Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Around and around we go


This had two "hard" parts, the first being the "what" to take a picture of and then the sky transition on two of the photos. I was planning a trip to Eaglecrest and was hoping to take some great photos from up the hill after snowshoeing or skiing. Well, I went but the weather was such that it would have been just 3 photos of varying shades of white and gray. So, I settled for the Mendenhall Glacier and took 4 photos. I wish I had gone out on Friday with the beautiful sunny day...darn! I followed the instruction from the last class session and it all worked well, except I never really got the hang of the "levels" adjustment. I was getting it better by the end, but I can really see how there is a lot of learning that must happen to make this all work right. At first I thought having all the trees in the foreground was going to make it harder, but it turned out not to be a problem when using the eraser tool. I erased and erased until I got rid of the line and blended the photos together. I do not like how it turned out, mostly for the sky. The shade was so off, even after the eraser tool. I then tried the smudge tool and the blur tool to help it...oh yeah and the clone tool. I got it looking better, but still not happy with it. Next, I want to try to stitch photos together viewing from the ground in front of me all the way over your head...maybe even down the other side, like looking at the inside of an arch. I'll post it if I do it, even if I can not get it right.


OK, there is no real photo with text! I did just as the book said and it would not work, went on line found plenty of sites to tell what to do...none worked. I could never get a text box to come up, only a little gray square. Everything I tried to type would just become the name of the layer....I'm lost on this one. I ended up just using word, copying it into paint and saving it. Then I cropped it and pasted it on to the photo...very cheese!

The photo below is the same, except I used the eraser tool to blend it in to give it a so called look of coming out of the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment